You may have seen it on Fortnite, but the Shoot was originally popularized by the rapper BlocBoy JB and his song “Shoot.”
Then, it became even more popular when BlocBoy JB brought the dance to his music video collab with Drake for “Look Alive.”
Watch the move demonstrated here:
Wanna learn this move step-by-step with a FREE tutorial on STEEZY Studio?
Hit the button to take our class (no CC required). Having an instructor break it down on camera really helps!
If you’re more of a reader, keep scrolling and follow along with the steps below!
How to do the Shoot:
- Put on a song with a clear, easy-to-follow beat
- Stand facing a mirror, then turn your body about 45 degrees so your right leg is in the front, closest to the mirror
- With your feet about shoulder-width apart, start rocking to the beat (to rock, bend your knees on each beat, lean your chest back, and allow your head to rock back and forth)
- Once you’ve got the rocking motion down, you can move on to the shooting motion! To create the shooting motion, start by bending your right knee at a 90 degree angle (to keep your balance, you’ll have to lean your chest back and put your weight fully on your left leg)
- Then bring your right arm up and bend it at the elbow. Close your fist. (It should like like you’re about to fist pump)
- From here, you can try shooting your body forward by kicking your right leg forward to straighten it and tilting your right arm forward as if you’re pounding your fist
- Now, let’s add the rock motion and the shoot motion together! Start rocking to the beat again, then bring your right leg and right arm up to your shooting position, and then start hitting the leg kick and arm pound every time you bounce
- Last, you’ll have to add a hop to complete the move. In order to add the hop, start jumping off of your left leg right before you shoot with your right leg. Your left leg should hit the floor right as your right leg becomes fully extended in front of you.
- Once you have the entire move down, start doing it twice as fast. You want to shoot twice for every beat!
Remember, the faster you’re shooting, the smaller your rocking motion should be. Otherwise, your body will have too much distance to cover and not enough time to make it all happen.
If you wanna learn more moves, check these posts out next: