The “Mic Drop” dance move, choreographed by Lyle Beniga, has a swaggy vibe that'll have you feeling yourself!
Plus, it's the perfect move to break out when you wanna imagine you're putting some haters in their place. ;)
Watch the move demonstrated here:
Wanna learn this move step-by-step with a FREE tutorial on STEEZY Studio?
Hit the button to take our class (no CC required). Having an instructor break it down on camera really helps!
If you’re more of a reader, keep scrolling and follow along with the steps below!
How to do the dance move from "Mic Drop" by BTS
- Position yourself with your feet apart. Then, cross your left foot back and to the right by sliding you foot flat on the floor. At the same time, turn your right heel inwards to the left.
- Next, step out with your right leg and do the same motion from step 1, this time going to the other side. Cross your right foot behind while simultaneously turning your left heel inward. Then, step out with your left leg.
- Practice sliding left and right several times. When you cross your foot behind you, be sure to keep that foot at a 45 degree angle.
- Once you've got the footwork down, you can add in the arms. On count 1, when you slide your left foot back, you're gonna lift your left arm to the side and point your finger down. Then, as you step out with your right leg to prep for the other direction, you're gonna drop your arm back down by your side. It should look like you're dropping a mic from shoulder height as soon as you cross your legs. Then, you're resetting to do it again in the other direction.
- Putting it all together - On count 1 and 2 cross step behind you with your left foot. Center yourself on 3 by stepping out with your right leg and wait through count 4.
- Now to the other side - On count 5 and 6, cross step behind you with your right foot at the same time you mic drop with your right arm. Lastly, step out on the 7 count and pause on 8.
A great tip for this move – flair your shoulder out to the front and lean back a little when you do the mic drop. This will make you look extra cool and confident.
Good luck practicing!
Wanna do more K-Pop moves? Check out these posts next: