This move was named after the Reebok shoe brand as the it was taking over the shelves during the 1980s.
The move is often paired up with the Cabbage Patch as the moves became crazes around the same time.
Watch the move demonstrated here:
Wanna learn this move step-by-step with a FREE tutorial on STEEZY Studio?
Hit the button to take our class (no CC required). Having an instructor break it down on camera really helps!
If you’re more of a reader, keep scrolling and follow along with the steps below!
How to do the Reebok:
- To get into the groove of this move, stand with your right leg in the front and left leg in the back. Then, start rocking your torso forward and back on the beat.
- Now let’s add in the movement that allows you to travel across the floor. For the very first movement, you’re going to bring your right leg and left arm up on the “and” before the first beat hits. You should be making a movement that looks like you’re running.
- Now when the first beat hits, complete the running motion by shifting onto your right leg, and bringing your left leg up behind you while swinging your arms just like you’re doing an exaggerated run in place.
- Practice this motion of rocking forward onto your right leg and backward onto your left leg with each beat.
- Once you’ve got that down, we’re going to add a shoulder movement and turn. This time, when you get to the second backward rock, instead of just doing the rock again, you’re going to shimmy your shoulders for beats 3 and 4 while shifting your feet to turn and face the opposite direction (on beat 3 step with the right foot, on the “and” between beats, swivel to face the other direction, and on beat 4, bring the left foot up and put all your weight on your right foot so that you’re now ready to start rocking on the other side.)
- Now complete the movement by doing the running motion back and forth toward the left, and on beat 3, swivel and shimmy back to your right again.
Since this move popped off at the same time as the Cabbage Patch, feel free to try using the same Cabbage Patch arm movement with the Reebok too!
If you wanna learn more moves, check these posts out next: