Wanna know how to start dancing?
Ok, first things first – we're talking what many people call "Urban Dance," but used "Hip Hop" in this title because the term is misused that often.
In fact, since the initial release of this article, we're no longer using the term "Urban Dance" at all! Read about why here.
But hey! We had to get you here somehow, right? We're just playing Google's game. Anyway, let's get started on learning some dance moves.
STEEZY’s Guide on How To Start Dancing is broken down into 10 sections.
We recommend you go through all of them in order, but you can totally skip to a section you want.
- Basics of Dance Musicality
- How to Develop Your Body Awareness
- How to Execute Movement and Choreography
- How to Train Your Foundation/Fundamentals
- How to Take a Dance Class
- How to Practice Dancing
- How to Freestyle Dance
- How to Take Care of Your Body to Dance Better
- How to Get Involved In Your Dance Community
- How to Set and Achieve Your Dance Goals
Hold up. Do you feel a bit... scared? Don't worry! That’s completely natural!
Learning how to dance is something new to you – and anything new can be scary.
So, watch this video for some help in getting over those insecurities. Because the only thing keeping you from starting to dance is yourself.